Roberts Orpheum Theater Recognition

February 12, 2010

Kudos! To the Roberts Brothers and the Roberts Orpheum Theatre for the recreation of the loggia on the St. Charles Street (north) side of the theatre. According to Michael Jennings, theatre director, much of the credit goes to Mark Olson and Superior Waterproofing. The firm managed to salvage almost 60% of the original tiles, including the most elaborate and detailed ones, while Boston Valley Terra Cotta manufactured the remaining 40%. According to Karen Bode Baxter, the painstaking process included numbering the tiles so they could be returned to their original position. -Landmarks Association of St. Louis, February 2010